Sunday, July 02, 2006
I've been reading Mansfield Park. Oh but you already know that.
'"Foolish fellow! And so this is her attraction after all! This it is her not caring about you, which gives her such a soft skin, and makes her so much taller, and produces all these charms and graces!"' - Mary Crawford
The shock, I am guilty of the same sins as Henry Crawford.
So self-absorbed are we.
'"...I only want her to look kindly on me, to give me smiles as well as blushes, to keep a chair for me by herself wherever we are, and be all animation when I take it and talk to her; to think as I think, be interested in all my possessions and pleasures, try to keep me longer at Mansfield, and feel when I go away that she shall be never happy again."'
Imagine that.
"I want nothing more."
11:30 PM