Friday, June 30, 2006
Oh wow. Well well well...look what I just found out from
nomanymore's blog.
And while I'm not exactly looking forward too or dreading NewS return (I love Koyama, but am not really into the rest of them, cute as they are), I thought Pi was gonna be solo for quite some time.
Apparently not.
So he's forming this group with two Thai boys. THAI. Would you believe that? As much as it comes as a shock I think it's a rather novel idea. Kitty GYM they are supposed to be called (I could never get those 'Kitty' group names...like what the heck is Kitty supposed to be, Hello Kitty?), is also gonna feature 4 other Johnny's boys. Poor boys, being labelled as THE OTHER FOUR.
What the OTHER FOUR boys are for is really beyond me. I've never been really into big groups (Momusu excluded), and 7 appeals to me much less than 3. I understand what Pi is doing in the group (given his very obvious appeal to millions of fangirls as of right now) but the other 4? What's the point? Do they really have so little faith in Thai people? (And speaking of new groups makes me wonder...is Hasegawa Jun EVER debuting?!)
In any case I don't think this is gonna be a long-lasting thing. Probably more along the lines of ShuujiXAkira since the Thai boys (Oh yes, they are called Golf and Mike) seem to have been around for quite some time. Must be some popular group in Thailand. I think really, that this group is mostly just another marketing strategy. The Thai market has always been a profitable one for Johnny's, so why not gain more fans (and more $$$)? It's a trade really. Both sides gain.

Left - Mike, Right - Golf (Not that hard to tell apart after awhile, trust me. Essentially, Mike is the girlier one. The softer-looking one)

Front - Mike, Back - Golf (Easier now?)

By this time I think you'd probably have gotten it. This one is for the doubly clueless. Left - Mike, Right - Golf.
What I am already starting to like about Golf-Mike, is that even though the attention is like PLOP right on Pi (as if he can be pimped any further, he's so popular already! And for good reason actually) they hold out on their own quite well.
There's one thing I'm confused about though. I know they've been to Japan before but were they in anyway affiliated to JE before this? Like did their management company arrange anything? I have a feeling this video explains everything, but I CAN'T UNDERSTAND JAPANESE CAN I?!
The pain.
Anyways, it's hard not to like the guys when they are speaking Thai. It's such a pretty language. I wish to learn it some day.
Little bro Mike (16) is obviously the cuter one of the two (at least to me). And much more photogenic.
But Golf (19) seems a lot more self-assured (a trait which is incredibly attractive in itself). Chances are, he does the PR stuff more often.
Oh and I find it interesting to note (though it may not be entirely surprising) that many of those young artistes (G-Junior I think? LOL! Like Johnny's Junior with girls to me) admire Japanese stars XD. Check
GMM out, they are full of artistes O_O
I'm quite amazed at the amount of info I can find in one night. This new group is working more wonders for both companies than I first thought.
11:34 PM