Monday, June 12, 2006
There are times when you have to admit, the Chinese just do it better.
If you compare "One man's meat is another man's poison" with "Ge hua ru ge yan", which essentially mean the same thing, of course you would think that flowers sound nicer than a slab of animal.
But really, what may seem wonderful may not to another.
Like twinnie Jerrome has a picture of me taken from time long past. It was the first time we'd ever met up, and from my point of view, I had the ugliest hairstyle ever conceivable to mankind.
Of course I'm not gonna post it here. It's such a disgrace.
According to him, out of all the pictures I've sent him, that one was the best because it was the cutest. I thought an overwhelming majority, if not all, the pictures I'd sent him after that were faaar better.
I told him, "O_O We have VERY VEEERRRRYYYY differing tastes."
And he went, "Yea, you have the weird taste."
And of course I told him, "No. I just SINCERELY believe that I have grown prettier over time."
The thing is, it's true. I have grown prettier. Yeah, I may not be gorgeous and brilliant like other girls may be, but the Serene look has greatly improved.
The thing is, twinnie knows I've grown prettier. But he still prefers me then because I was cute. For me, I'm so much better now. I covet all the newer pictures I have, but for twinnie, whenever he wants to put up a picture of me as his msn display pic, he'd put that disgusting mop-haired one.
Well it's also to antagonize me, but you know... According to him that's just the way it is.
So for twinnie, it's the cute girls that are attractive. Especially the ones with the big eyes (Aiya, not me, oootthhheers).
For someone else it might be the long hair.
For someone else it'd be the legs. (Figure skaters...*dreams*)
And so I thought, will my chameleon-like approach to life always work? At times it's fun, at times it's stifling. And I may not be acting in the way I perceive people want me to act. Like when I assumed twinnie would like all my newer pictures, he actually liked the oldest one best.
So I suppose I should do what I want, cross my fingers, and hope for the best.
And I hope so bad that nobody would feel pressured to put on a façade in front of me. I hope that no one would think that they had to act a certain way to impress me. Cos how would you know that the way you are acting is how I wish it to be?
Like Katsuragi said, "Humans are...interesting."

Very interesting...
12:29 AM