Wednesday, March 01, 2006
I never knew I was so disappointed until I told my dad what I got.
I just lost it, seriously. Totally broke down.
All my dad said before that was:
"Do you have to re-sit?"
Nah.
But it sucked so bad. I expected better. It's so hard when you expect better.
My dad said I shouldn't be too hard on myself. No use crying over spilled milk. Well, at first he didn't really say that. All he said when I told him I didn't have to take it again was "That's ok then." From that I knew what he meant. But I guess it didn't really sink in till the words were out there and I could like, grasp it.
My mum, being the Chinese teacher that she is, was even less concerned about my results (no this is not an ironic statement). I think she's had enough of this whole education system and the Chinese syllabus in general. Of course, she had already spoken to me before I got my results. For my mum it was a case of "No matter what you get, there's no need to retake it".
I shan't try to understand why I got what I got.
It's ok now.
Dad said, "It's time you start trusting God."
Mum said, "God's trying to give you a wake up call."
I get that. I am the bouncing ball...gradually I'm getting hit against the wall. I'm learning my lesson.
And I have cho nice friends. Friends who can scratch the surface a little you know? Cos I'm all about piling things on, so I can hide. I think I'm very open, but increasingly I'm becoming a clam. XD
So, moving along...
10:29 PM