</head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/20770941?origin\x3dhttp://siaoliao.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Yes, the 2006 Winter Olympics in Torino is over.

Here's a list of sports I watched:
Alpine Skiing
Biathalon
Bobsleigh
Curling
Figure Skating
Freestyle Skiing
Ice Hockey
Nordic Combined - Only a little bit though. I missed the jumps.
Snowboarding


What I wished I watched:
Cross Country Skiing
Luge
Short Track Speed Skating
Skeleton
Ski jumping (sounds wicked doesn't it? ;_;)
Speedskating


And what I wished I didn't:
Ice Hockey - Waste of bloody time. So friggin boring. Bulky human beings chasing a little PUCK.

The most amazing sports in history that I never knew existed until '06:
Freestyle Skiing - IT IS SO BRILLIANT AND COOL. Like woah. 8D I seriously have no idea where those people get the guts to do such stunts. Every time one of them attempts something my heart stops.
Bobsleigh - It's like racing, only 1000 times better. I like how the brakeman lowers his head. Very cute. And I love how they call the person driving the 'pilot'. At those speeds, what's the diff eh?

The most amusing winter game in history:
Curling - I'm so fascinated by it. The piece of granite makes me laugh. The people shouting instructions make me laugh. The sweepers make me laugh. I shall smack the next person who says it's a boring sport. It's first class entertainment and you're obliged to agree.

I wished I studied this before I watched:
Alpine skiing - I was a bit confused as to what they were supposed to do. Though on hindsight it's actually really easy.

Most nostalgia involved:
Figure Skating - ;_; I still remember the first time I tried it in Hong Kong. Someone's dad held my hand and taught me. He was real nice.
Alpine Skiing - I saw people doing something like that in Chamonix. At that time I looked at the steep slope and was like: Bwaaaah??! That's crazy!

The most 'Wow I can't believe this!" moment:
Finding out that South Korea finished NINTH (that means top 10 ok) with SIX gold medals. Ahead of Italy, France, China...what have you. I didn't even notice any Koreans, and they managed to climb all the way up there. Most wondrous. GO ASIA! *waves pom poms*

"Please shut up already":
Michelle Kwan. And Michelle Kwan. Seriously I don't care. Yes she skates amazingly, but so does a whole bunch of other people.

Most painful falls (that I managed to see *grumbles*):
Austrlian freestyle skiier - Forgot her name, but she had a most angonising fall. She broke her knee I think. All I can remember was that she was screaming and screaming real bad. Ouch. REALLY ouch.
Irina Slutskaya - She smiled the whole way through though I bet it must have really sucked losing the gold medal even when the bets were on you. PLUS I bet the chauvanistic remarks didn't help either. PLUS if she had indeed won the gold, that would mean that the Russian Federation would have swept all the gold medals for figure skating. Gyah. That pretty smile really melted my heart.

Which brings me to..

The 2nd most "Wow I can't believe this!" moment:
Like I said, all except one gold medal for Figure Skating went to the Russian Federation.

Serene's favourite-st sportsman:
Evgeni Plushenko - ALL HAIL THE KING OF FIGURE SKATING. Bow to him, all you puny people! He totally blew me away today at the exhibition.

Serene's 2nd fovourite sportsman:
Stephane Lambiel - Because he looks so beautiful when he spins and spins and spins. I think he has this charm that even Plushenko doesn't have. Unfortunately, Plushenko's a genius like that.

The "huh?" moment:
Sasha Cohen winning silver: Albeit, I thought she skated real well. She has tons of style, and even when she fell (twice) she still looked so graceful. Anyway...silver?! Wow the rest must have really sucked. Ok, after thinking about it, it's true that the rest of the skaters were less than magnificent.

Happy moment:
Shizuka Arakawa winning gold: Plain good cheer that was. She's so sweet looking, and she's got this grace to the way she skates. Her mouth makes her remind me of some cartoon character...I just can't place my finger on which one exactly. I bet all the Japanese were swelling with pride during the exhibition when a whole line of Russians appeared, and Shizuka was the only Asian there with the gold medal winning bunch. I can bet you $13804618364 she's gonna appear on billions of advertisements from now on. Hmmm. Would she start endorsing iced tea like Matsuura Aya? XD

Plain gung-ho:
Dan Zhang, Hao Zhang - The two Zhangs lol! Applaud please. Instead of screaming and crying they just went back and continued skating. The Chinese are tough like that. Hoho Asian pride!
Xiaopeng Han - I think he's plain cool. And he won freestyle skiing GOLD ok. Who cares if he's plain ugly? You're very hot meh?

Serene's 3rd favourite sportsman:
Dmitri Dashinski - Yes, yes, no more figure skaters. He's a freestlye skiier. The commentator made up a nickname for him..."Janitor". Cos he's small, yet extremely handy. I aspire to be like that. Small yet handy XP

The most drool worthy body:
Well ehm, you've got to check out all the Russian ladies. Figure skating is bad for health. Those short skirts combined with the looong legs. *grovels*

Biggest letdown:
Jeffrey Buttle - I knew the name was a bad sign. He got bronze yeah, but compared to Plushenko and Lambiel, he's nothing special. Well, thumbs up for having pretty genes though.

Most awe-inspiring moment:
Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin skating with the violinist (whatever his name is) playing live - First of all, that guy played so darn flawlessly. And if you think about, the both of them were just as flawless. Oh, and Maxim is so strong it's scary.

Bobsleigh heroines:
Sandra Kiriasis and Anja Schneiderheinze - Germans. They've got SUCH an attitude I tell you. I want to be like them. I want to have an attitude stapled firmly to my feet (And Peter Pan comes to mind O.o;)

I REALLY wish I didn't miss:
Nordic Combined - Considering how much I adore freestyle skiing, the jump at the beginning of the nordic combined might have been great to watch.
Short Track Speed Skating: The Koreans totally owned this. NO WONDER I DIDN'T SEE ANY OF THEM. I think they just swept all the medals on the first two days and went sight-seeing after that.

Best sport of the year!:
That's got to be a tie between Figure Skating (an old fave) and Freestyle Skiing (...words can't really describe this one).

Congrats to Germany for being the big winner. Truly deserving. Sausages and beer are miracle workers huh?


9:46 PM


i am


A Unique Creation

i love


Fetishes and More

you can



here ye





you are


Schoolio
Kyah Hwee
Janice
Melissa
Shermaine
Shi Yun
Stacey
Lester
Kezia
Haniff
Jia Min
Han Ning
Diana
Rekha
Esther
Pamela
Isabelle
Jeremiah
Mei Yin
Chok Wei
Luciana
Shu Hui

TACHIBANANAS!
OUR HIDEOUT!
Tsumi gdottie
KC mummy
Aya gdottie
Suppie purushie
Sisi gdottie
Anna gdottie
Julie imouto
Abby gdottie

Family
Liyi

Other Friends
Lora
Joy
Did I miss anyone out?

it was


I HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME TODAY!Yup, today was the f...
REAL thoughts
Volunteerism is fun!
Quiet Time
w-inds. is back! - IT'S IN THE STARS pv
Rainbow
Hehe.
You've been Friday'ed!!
My 1st Valentine's Day
My "Perfect" Boyfriend Pt1


it will always

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

she is


layout by: Lyna/Lyna
image:a
brushes:b, c



View My Stats