</head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/20770941?origin\x3dhttp://siaoliao.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, February 20, 2006

These past few days have been a time for guilty pleasures. Which is why I'm probably gonna fail my econs test. That's what you get for staying up till the wee hours watching Doumyouji Tsukasa make a total fool of himself due to his low IQ while still managing to be so lovable.

And it DOES NOT help that I managed to get my hands on the "IT'S IN THE STARS" pv (w-inds. newest) today. I'd been looking forward to this, though admittedly not as much as the time before 'Long Road' came out, and after watching it a good couple of times I am sure I am not as turned on blown away by it as I was by 'Shiki' (aka the BEST w-inds. pv ever, you HAVE to agree). Anyways, I just had to review it (if that's what you call this shamless cap spammage of a blog entry).

Image hosting by Photobucket

The start of the pv, also undoubtedly the worst scene of the whole pv. After repeat watchings I have a this feeling that somebody put this in as a sick joke. It's almost as bad (if not worse) than the twirling rings in Morning Musume's 'Osaka Koi no Uta'.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Pretty bulb-like, sign-like thingy comes out and all is forgiven. I love that font!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Talk about a 'WHAT THE HECK?!' moment. Surely w-inds. must be pushing it? On the bright side, it does look real sleek and who knows? Maybe it'll appeal to otakus.

Image hosting by Photobucket

OHOHOHOHO NOW WE'RE TALKING. Keita's hairstyle is still so great.

Image hosting by Photobucket

God knows how much I love these flashy signs.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Ahem! Allow me this indulgence?

Image hosting by Photobucket

Crazy dance steps! Something I'd been looking forward to for SUCH a long time. Too many ballads, though sweet, just gets the better of you.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I could melt...right now.

Image hosting by Photobucket

MAN IN BLACK. Very starwars-esque no? Anyways, this guy is so kick ass I tell you. Go future!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Heck! He doubles up as a snazzy DJ. Niiice.

Image hosting by Photobucket

THE MOST PRECIOUS CAP I HAVE. Men/Boys in suits are to die for. 'Nuff said.

Image hosting by Photobucket

"Yes, we've made so much money off those fangirls that we now have our very own robots-cum-slaves!" By the way, Ryuichi looks like some vampire prince with that dressing doesn't he?

Image hosting by Photobucket

Obligatory Ryohei cap. I must admit I never felt much for this guy, maybe because he's never been one to evoke violent reactions. When he's bad, he's not THAT bad. When he's good he's not THAT good. There are exceptions of course ('Kirei Da' for example) and this is one of the PVs where he looks better than usual.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Yesh Ryuichi, I see the bling bling. It's what got me to notice you in the first place (remember 'New Paradise' earrings?). It practically defines you. Ryuichi: Bling Master. Ryu has a best accessories, no?

Image hosting by Photobucket

Does this not remind you of something? It suddenly hit me. ANOTHER DAYS (O_O Or was it 'Try You Emotion'? I'll check it out one day). This background is totally similar.

Image hosting by Photobucket

AAAAHHHH!! What has Ryuichi done to his hair AGAIN?! Haiz...I've come to expect this from him. One moment his hairstyle can be perfectly luscious, the next moment it can be horrendously painful. I think that's Ryuichi's greatest weakness, yet his greatest asset. Fans never know what to expect next from this unique fella. He does indeed live in his own world, and one can't fault him for that. If anything, he needs to stand out to avoid being chucked into some oblivion. And that, my friends, is entertainment.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Ryohei looks bewildered here, and by that I'm not refering to the bad cap. Watch the pv and you'll know he seemed to be only half-looking at the camera at that time. Gives a slightly unprofessional vibe, but knowing Ryohei, it's probably the camera catching him at an importune time. Having said that, Ryo does have a way of looking awkward in a good many of the pvs and lives.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Does this not remind you of w-inds. cafe? Well, a more high-class version (cos yes they've sucked the money outta us fangirls) but nonetheless a cafe no? And they have big screens too! Playing...who else? NOW do you see the resemblance?

Image hosting by Photobucket

What I term (with much fondness) the 'Superlover' sequence, cos they lightings, the chandeliers, the suits, the dancing...how could I not?

Image hosting by Photobucket

Ryuichi does something naughty to Snazzy DJ and look what happens! Have you ever seen such humour in any of w-inds. pvs?! Gawd I adore this scene. I give it a 10000 stars outta 10!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Obviously this deserves more than 1 cap. I mean, just LOOK at their faces XD

Image hosting by Photobucket

Man, these slaves double up as dancers too?! How lucky can w-inds. (and us audiences) get?

Image hosting by Photobucket

This is seriously what makes this pv above average.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I'm beginning to change my mind about this spaceship. This is not a typical pv, how could it have typical props? This spaceship is first class!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Hope for the whole of Japan?

Image hosting by Photobucket

Or maybe the whole earth. Love the lights btw.

Image hosting by Photobucket

One last dance sequence with Keita in a uber kakkoii pose. <333

Image hosting by Photobucket

And it's bye bye to w-inds. and the flashy lights and shooting stars. Absolutely beautiful.


On the whole, 'IT'S IN THE STARS' is a catchy tune. I'm glad they chose a more upbeat song this time around. The ballads had been taking their toll. I actually like the background vocals going "IT'S. IN. THE. STARS." It seems so cheesy and yet, it works really well. The same goes for the pv. The whole computer graphics thing they've got going on, with the robots in black and what not may all seem incredibly cheesy at first. However, it doesn't take long to start enjoying this pv. I mean, it's so cute, the dancing's great...and they've got those SHIIINY signs!

w-inds., or rather, whoever directed this sure has a great sense of humour, and I think this is a great start to 2006. I've never seen them make any pv remotely worth mentioning since 'Shiki'. Sure, 'ageha' was ok, but 'Izayoi no Tsuki' was totally horrendous to me. It gave me such trauma. 'Yakusoku No Karera' was good yes, and it was when I started recovering a bit of hope. Afterall, their clothes were fantastic, and Ryuichi managed to look sizzzzzling hot in that one, but I've known many who've been offended by the santa (I'm ok with him though). Still, 'IT'S IN THE STARS' proves that they are continuing to move in the right direction, and I'm glad for that.

Oh, and did you realise...no female this time round. XDDD


6:20 PM


i am


A Unique Creation

i love


Fetishes and More

you can



here ye





you are


Schoolio
Kyah Hwee
Janice
Melissa
Shermaine
Shi Yun
Stacey
Lester
Kezia
Haniff
Jia Min
Han Ning
Diana
Rekha
Esther
Pamela
Isabelle
Jeremiah
Mei Yin
Chok Wei
Luciana
Shu Hui

TACHIBANANAS!
OUR HIDEOUT!
Tsumi gdottie
KC mummy
Aya gdottie
Suppie purushie
Sisi gdottie
Anna gdottie
Julie imouto
Abby gdottie

Family
Liyi

Other Friends
Lora
Joy
Did I miss anyone out?

it was


Rainbow
Hehe.
You've been Friday'ed!!
My 1st Valentine's Day
My "Perfect" Boyfriend Pt1
Vdayness
Horoscope
Got this from waffles. Hehe.Put an "x" next to wha...
Being Ill Sucks
NewS news


it will always

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

she is


layout by: Lyna/Lyna
image:a
brushes:b, c



View My Stats