Sunday, February 05, 2006
I have some interesting NewS today. *cough* Mind the pun, please. Well it's not really new news, but ehm, it's worth noting nonetheless.
Let's start by introducing NewS shall we? Just quickly.

Top(from left): Tegoshi Yuya, Yamashita Tomohisa, Uchi Hiroki, Masuda Takahisa
Bottom (from left): Nishikido Ryo, Koyama Keiichiro, Kusano Hironori, Kato Shigeaki
NewS (a Johnny's boyband) actually debuted as an 8 member band. To be quite honest I never understood why they debuted. Even a non-Johnny's fanatic like myself (yes I'm a w-inds. fan at heart) knows that even then KAT-TUN was much more popular weren't they? I know FOR SURE I knew of KAT-TUN first cos I saw their commercial. Some food thing, was it chocolate?
Ahem. Anyway, that's not the point. The point is, NewS have been making headlines recently, so much so that even
I got to know of it.
Oh, and it ain't for the good stuff either.
So what you should know is that Uchi dearest got himself into some trouble I think ehm...middle of 2005. Yeah the thing was he was caught drinking. Something he's not supposed to do because unlike Singapore, kids aren't supposed to drink till they are 20 (which always strikes me as weird, like, you let them have sex and you don't let them drink? Sort of like in Singapore, where you let people have sex at 18 and yet not let them watch R21 movies). So Uchi got suspended, he got replaced on his drama (Ganbatte Ikimasshoi! Which, by the way, stars Anne Suzuki, one of my favourite actresses in...in...Japan) and that's it, we're left with 7-nin NewS.
As if that's the last of it.
Well quite recently (I don't know how recently, cos as you know I only knew of it yesterday) another NewS member, Kusano, got caught for underage drinking, and for being chummy with people whom he shouldn't be with (fangirls...desperate ones). Look, the whole world knows fangirls are dangerous ok? I mean, serious. You wouldn't want to be NEAR me when I'm fangirling. It's madness. XD
I'm actually quite sad. I was just starting to like that fella. I just found out he was the same age as me (well, actually a couple of months younger). I just found out he's actually quite funny. I JUST SAW HIM ON SHOUNEN CLUB LAST WEEK!!! Which, by the way, was the first time I ever watched SC, and is therefore, an episode close to my heart. I had never cared for him before that. Now it's like: "Wow he has a brain and he's incapable of using it?" On a fairer note, that seems to be the norm for guys my age I realise.
Ok, first of all, your bandmate just got suspended and you repeat the exact same thing?
I guess it's easy to blame it all on the fangirl/girls (I didn't see the pics, cos...well I'm just not a JE fanatic OK), and yeah sometimes I just wish that fans will act more, decent and polite, cos they are just normal human beings afterall. Oh btw, these fangirls (as in general, not just the fangirls with him) are now trying to excuse him because he is "only human". How ironic.
Kusano dearest, as much as I have grown fond of you, being "only human" is not an excuse. The fact is every "human" in Japan knows the law, and as a "human" of Japan, you have to abide by the law.
But anyway, it's not Kusano's excuse, it's the fangirls' excuse, and fangirls rarely make sense. I should know, afterall I almost cried over the Keita and Aya incident (YEAH FINE LAUGH AT ME).
I know that a few people have criticised Kusano cos they say he should be more careful cos he is an idol, and as an idol he has to be aware of his public image. That's not my point here, though I do agree if one wants to be an idol, one must be aware that there are certain prices one has to pay. My point is that as a mature person he should know that he shouldn't do something illegal. Period.
Perhaps he felt too tied down? Johnny's (I heard) is famous for it's tight restrictions. The boys can't date, can't gain weight etc etc (Ehm, can someone be so kind to explain to me, cos it's been bothering me for awhile, why KimuTaku could marry? Is it cos once you reach 30 or something you're excused?) and it would be perfectly understandable if he wants to just let loose. Aren't they other ways though?
Right now, as if it's not bad enough that he is harming himself (read: college application), he's also harming the group.
Being the leader, I can imagine Yamapi is going through some form of shit right now. And I suppose the whole group's gonna have to apologise too (AGAIN). Kusano dearest, weren't you thinking of them? YOUR FRIENDS. Perhaps he wasn't thinking of anything but boobs booze. Haiz.
But I think this incident reminds all us teenagers of ourselves right? Let's not try to act like saints here. How many teens are doing illegal stuff like going to pubs and smoking and stuff. Not to mention underage drinking. The first time I took alcohol was when I was about 8. I've never been to clubs and done things like smoke and take drugs though. This incident just goes to show how silly we teens are. What are you trying to prove by going clubbing at the age of 14? Where's the harm of just waiting a few more years? What exactly is the point of slowly killing yourself by starting to smoke when you're 12?
I've seen so many incidents of teens wanting to so much to grow up, but disguising it as "having fun" when it is actually either just the fear of being laughed at or the fear of going home.
Yeah, you may not end up on the tabloids but you might get into something rather nasty. Who knows?
Anyway, now we are left with 6-nin NewS. Either that we are left with NO NewS AT ALL (that's what I heard plushie dearest say).
Officially though, they aren't showing the Feb Shounen Club anymore, the one with NewS since they JUST took over. I don't know whether I'm happy or sad. I know I was kinda sore when KAT-TUN stopped hosting, cos I do like them better (considering that I like more of their members), but you know, that doesn't change the fact that the FIRST EVER SC ep I watched was with NewS as hosts. Oh well, recaps with kat-tun ain't that bad....right?
Oh, and I haven't heard much from Koyama, except that he's now in N's Aoi. He's so quiet isn't he? Haiz...Keiichiro Koyama...you're the one who made me give a LITTLE damn about NewS in the first place. And Kato Shigeaki. Who's KATO?! *runs*
9:06 PM