Tuesday, May 23, 2006
I had a nice time on Sunday. I'll tell you why.
I went to church feeling like CRAP because of the weather. I thought I was stupid for not leaving the house just a LITTLE earlier, and people all around me were carrying their handphones going, "It's cancelled?", "Oh my God", "Aiyo". Echoed my pain of not being an umbrella.
I resolved to run in the rain to the bus stop. It was the shortest way. And I kinda enjoyed it. I liked running for that few seconds in the rain. I thought I'd hate it cos usually I HATE getting wet because of the rain. It's icky, it makes me sticky and bleah. Disgusting. But it was different that day. Maybe cos, I don't know, the clothes I got from CERISIS? XD
Anyway, Eliza was my total saving grace. She offered to get her parents to send me to Tiong Bahru MRT station after church when she found out I was all only and confused as to where I wanted to go. Haiz...it's so great seeing her, especially since I don't get to all the time.

Elizachu! <333>
I went exploring. Well actually I thought I was going towards Queenstown Community Library, though I had a strong feeling that the sign was pointing the wrong way.
So I walked and walked, and gradually realized that QCL was not going to appear. XD But the walk made me feel so good. The breeze was nice, and that blue top that didn't win in the poll below was really comfortable.
On my own road....Frankly, I HAD NO IDEA WHERE I WAS GOING BUT I COULDN'T CARE LESS.
XP
In retrospect I don't think I walked THAT far. It's about the distance from my house to school times two....I guess. I walked all the way to Margaret Drive.

Another rather pointless picture, but it was such an ULU building I tell you. Totally ancient in my opinion. The only thing that kept me from taking a better picture was the cleaner, whom I was afraid what drag me in and lock me in one of those rusty rooms (with no air-con! *gasp*).
After awhile I finally spotted civilisation. And by that you know I mean HDB flats. XD Aaah...the heartlands.
Timbeeeeeerrr...I still had no idea where I was going. But I decided to go towards the MRT line I could spot in the distance. AND GUESS WHAT I SAW?!
This really super ulu shopping center. It was so friggin weird. It only had two storeys, and looked more like a multi-storey carpark than anything else, but it had everything that an average heartlander would need.
Dawson's Place. --> Yar, I know...WHA...?
Of course, being the curious cat that I am I went straight in and decided to have lunch, all by my happy lonesome self there. CURRY RICE I ATE! It didn't look asthetically pleasing, so I didn't take a picture of it, but I never was a fussy eater.
Did my homework there too. Cos it was quiet and there was AIR-CON, oh muahurhur.
Went home thinking that I could die happy. Sort of.

Sis loved the lighting, I hate this pic. But for the benefit of those who voted, here's how I look. I waaay prefer my dear lolita stuff, but this ain't half bad...quite comfortable, like I said.
I love adventures.
6:42 PM