Monday, April 10, 2006
TodayI ran 2.4km and finished with the fastest timing I had in my life. I know I've repeated this just about a billion times but please, indulge me for a moment.
13.55 mins. I've never got a 13 anything in my whole life! Not even in Sec 2 when I was dissatisfied with my B grade and went to run the whole thing again. I got my A, but it was 14 something. After that it was 14/15 something minutes all the way. I really, really can't believe it.
To be quite honest I think this must have something to do with the competitive side of me, something which hardly shows. I don't know why. I keep telling myself, if ONLY I could adopt the same attitude I have towards running to my studies. Is it the same though? I believe I can run relatively well (I say relative, because you should see the number of girls who ran 11 - 12 minutes. This batch is scary) is because I know that running is all in the mind.
Yeah I guess it's the same, just that the competition is unclear when it comes to studies.
TodaySomeone managed to insult me unwittingly,
again. Every year it is the same thing. Some people put it more nicely, some people fall flat on their face but ultimately, everybody seems to have this impression that fat people can't run. Every single year I have people coming up to me to say "Wah Serene, your running ain't bad leh" or, like Halim put it, "Serene, this is so unexpected".
The most hurtful encounter was in Sec 2, my 'peak year'. This classmate of mine came up to me after a trial run. You should know, that girls in my class had this habit of cheating during such runs. So yes, I completed my run, and it so happened that I was one of the first few girls. So this classmate of mine came up to me and retorted:
"Serene, you cheat right?"
Of course I didn't.
"Aiya don't lie lah."
Me: I didn't!!!
(And you can very well take this and piss off!)
That was why I ran twice that year. I wanted to show the bastards.
STOP STEREOTYPING.Especially when it comes to schools. People do it all the time. It's like aaaah, ok, shut up. When I think about it, it's like, since when were students defined by a school? Isn't a school defined by it's students?
And really, even if you wish to persist in that nonsense school talk, try not to offend people by stereotyping them. I do sometimes, but I try not to. The only times when I do is when it suddenly pops out of my mouth and I assure you, I regret it everytime.
Which also shows how deeply ingrained some stereotypes are.
TodayI went on a obsessive compulsive crane folding binge. I have no idea why. The only time I really stopped was when I ate lunch. I couldn't even stop during tutorials!
I got scolded by my oh-so-wonderful GP tutor for that. Aren't Mondays
great. I always get scolded on Mondays. Last week it was because I was doing Econs homework during her lesson.
Somehow, I can't shake off the feeling that I'd been doing something more productive in both cases.In any case, people kept asking me why I was folding them. Nobody believed me when I said it was for my boyfriend.
Why is that so? XD
In the end I just said it was my glass container. Which is not a lie actually.
TodayYOUTUBE IS REFUSING TO WORK. Wait, let me check again. Yes...
IT IS NOT WORKING.
What the heck? I'm supposed to do my homework. O_OAlso...I apologise for the lack of images. I have a truckload of them just waiting to be uploaded, but without photoshop, it's hard for me to resize them.
Life is hard without a proper computer.
Ho mm ya ni...Computer City....
7:43 PM