</head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/20770941?origin\x3dhttp://siaoliao.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, April 16, 2006

It's not that I have been lacking in topics to blog about, more like I've been on a Shoujo Kakumei Utena high, and that tension between me and my parents (or rather, mum) caused by my less than desirable results has kept me from being able to express myself in words.

I'm not sure if this makes sense. It's my heart and mind. It's too full. But what I cannot let out through words appear in my dreams.

What do I usually do online? Mostly I read other people's blogs. You notice the column of links down the left? Yeah, I go down the list one by one. One by one. I try to comment on every single one of them. It's my way of being fair. XD

Zheng Yang I know you have a blog. Spill and I'll graciously add you into my candy list.

I go to other blogs too. Mostly pop culture blogs most people I know won't be interested in. They fuel my J-music desire. Cult of Pop is excellent I must say, in this respect. Nothing entertains me more than reading one of his thorough and well analyzed posts on U15 idols. From there I link to a dozen other pop culture sites, all of which are little nuggets of guilty pleasure.

The thing I like about reading such blogs is that they allow me to merge my interests with my studies. I get exasperated when my parents think I'm doing utterly useless things online. On one hand, yes, reading about shiny idols from a different realm will not help me in economics, but on the other, reading such blogs help me with my analytical skills. Not to mention my vocabulary. I like how the bloggers carefully dissect the music videos they see to provide insightful observations. I like how they rationalize what they say. I like how they give their opinions. Opinions which are not along the lines of "OMG, Miyavi is so hot". I adore browsing through reviews. They expose me to different writing styles and ultimately, help me to be sensitive to little details. Skills which (in my defense) might most likely help me in say, literature.

Indeed, even my SKU madness reminds me of literature (as in, the subject). While devouring the numerous essays in Empty Movement yesterday, I was struck by how much could be deduced from a single scene from the series, or the interactions of certain characters, even, rather interestingly, the lyrics to the background music. The first thing that went through my mind was "What if that wasn't put there to mean anything? Maybe they are reading too much into it." That's when I realized that many people feel that way about lit too. Did the poet really think that much when he wrote this poem? Are we really supposed to dissect an extract this way? Who is to say that what we deduce is accurate?

And yet, who is to say that it is inaccurate as long as you can support it with a rational argument?

This is essentially why I love reading all these essays, all these blogs. They keep me online for a despicable amount of time, but help me realize why is it that I study what I study in the first place. They rekindle the joy that I used to feel when doing Literature and History and what not. They let me have fun and learn at the same time. Something which the education system should be about yet is not (in the Singaporean context).

That being said, I shall have to learn to control myself, and stop making this an excuse. LOL!


6:39 PM


i am


A Unique Creation

i love


Fetishes and More

you can



here ye





you are


Schoolio
Kyah Hwee
Janice
Melissa
Shermaine
Shi Yun
Stacey
Lester
Kezia
Haniff
Jia Min
Han Ning
Diana
Rekha
Esther
Pamela
Isabelle
Jeremiah
Mei Yin
Chok Wei
Luciana
Shu Hui

TACHIBANANAS!
OUR HIDEOUT!
Tsumi gdottie
KC mummy
Aya gdottie
Suppie purushie
Sisi gdottie
Anna gdottie
Julie imouto
Abby gdottie

Family
Liyi

Other Friends
Lora
Joy
Did I miss anyone out?

it was


Masturbatory Blogging
Discovery!
Is not my life rather interesting?
Two
The things you see and hear.
The fork in the road.
Better
Woe and Gloom
Colour Tests.
And they appear at the weirdest times.


it will always

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

she is


layout by: Lyna/Lyna
image:a
brushes:b, c



View My Stats