Wednesday, August 16, 2006
I suppose almost all the Christians in my school knows what happened today. I do not wish to go into the details, but I suppose who knows, knows, and who doesn't, probably doesn't need to.
May I urge you, my friends, whoever was there and has the opportunity to read this, to contact me and give me as much information as you can remember (as in, what he said this morning), because I'm currently collating it all as evidence. Also, it would be nice if you could get in touch with anyone else you know who would be able to remember anything about what he said and relate the information to me. It'll be greatly appreciated.All I can say is, I was really affected. I know a lot of people were angry, but I'm more of a person who would get sad than angry. After the whole session I locked myself in the toilet and cried and prayed, but mostly cried (lol! what Stacey predicted came to pass XD). Yet I knew in my heart that God would have something to say. I flipped my bible and chanced upon this psalm that
brought great comfort to me.Psalm 138I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart;
before the "gods" I will sing your praise.
I will bow down toward your holy temple
and will praise your name
for your love and your faithfulness,
for you have exalted above all things
your name and your word.
When I called, you answered me;
you made me bold and stouthearted.
May all the kings of the earth praise you, O Lord,
when they hear the words of your mouth.
May they sing of the ways of the Lord,
for the glory of the Lord is great.
Though the Lord is on high, he looks upon the lowly,
but the proud he knows from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of touble,
you preserve my life;
you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes,
with your right hand you save me.
The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me;
your love, O Lord, endures forever --
do not abandon the works of your hands.
I asked God, is this for everyone who was there? And he replied:
"For everyone who needs to be comforted, this is it".So yes, if you know of anyone who needs to be comforted because of this morning, I suppose you can tell them to check Psalm 138 out to.
I suppose the good thing that came out of this is that
I learnt that I should not be a lukewarm Christian. I cannot afford to. The world will be scrutinising my mistakes, and while I will always continue to sin because I am human, I must not just be a Christian that does not follow and obey God and what He says.
Also, I realised the importance of prayer. Really, I hear this all the time, but it was not till today that I truly realised that we need to pray like never before.
And I thank God, truly, because His grace is sufficient for me.
7:47 PM