</head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/20770941?origin\x3dhttp://siaoliao.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Kobukuro's songs have a really calming effect on me. The piano and everything...very nice. I wonder how Jin would've sounded singing it. Bet he killed it XD Kobukuro's songs belong to Kobukuro...the guitar, the piano, the arrangement and most definitely the vocals. In some way they remind me of REMIOROMEN. The type of songs that touch you straight in the core. Simplicity is like that.

Thursday
Went to Stacey's house. Realized for the first time that I can be a real homebody. Didn't want to leave my house at all.

By the way, her mum cooks kick ass prawn noodles. Seriously. Karen was saying the next day that she wanted to eat it again XD Me too!

I suppose I was kinda quieter than usual. I would like to say that it's cos I need warming up. But it's not true really. It's mostly cos my mouth didn't really feel like moving.

Everyone went berserk over Skippy the dog. My dad's eaten dog meat before. Skippy is a SAUSAGE dog.

Ok I'll stop being disgusting. I had no thoughts of eating Skippy. In fact I really do genuinely like dogs, but not in a deep emotional level. It's sort of like, oh hey that's cute. Ok. Then what? I was surprised to see how everyone was treating Skippy like a child. So what SPCA says IS true. Getting a dog is really like getting a new family member.

I'd much rather adopt another child. There are many children out there so hungry they'd give anything to eat a dog biscuit I bet.

Maybe people get dogs, because unlike children, they don't grow out of this naivety they have.

I'd much rather adopt.

Had fun playing with Kevin. I like responsive children like him. I thought he was gonna ignore me at first like children usually do, but he answered straight away. His name, his age (4 and a HALF, mind you XP) and what he was building with his lego blocks. It was almost as if he was being dismissive, like alright, I answered your questions now leave me alone. But he did let me play with his lego blocks, and if there's anything I've learnt with children, it's that you must never impose yourself on them. Just be patient. With Erin, with Chloe (Yong Yi, hehe), and now with Kevin. It's really all the same.

So I decided to build a shrine for myself. LMAO! Really, it's been a long time since I played with lego. I realized that compared to when I was young, my stuff has more structure, more symmetry. The loss of imagination is quite regrettable. In fact it got so bad that (God help me) I used the instruction booklet. You know the ones that show you many different designs and you don't have to think, just follow and build. So pathetic I tell you. In fact, Kevin could read the instructions better than I could. He can look at one picture and tell you what type of block to use, something which I thought he couldn't do.

Soon enough Kevin finished building his "special thing", which turned out to be a spaceship. And not just ANY spaceship. Spaceship with different kinds of functions to kill the enemies.

Kevin has been watching waaaay too much TV.

But it was fun seeing him describe everything with such fervour. He was dramatizing everything using his entire body. The way we are encouraged to do in drama classes. He's a little talent, he really is.

We played together after that. He let me pick a doggie to be his own doggie's friend, and he was quite adamant that my dog respond to his dog like, you know, play acting. He did most of the talking. I mostly just kept quiet and listened to him.

Listening skills are so lacking in our world don't you think? It's so irritating to me, cos I know I listen way too little too.

Children are really fun to be with. They are so unpretentious and simple and full of imagination. They really make me look at myself and think, heeey, I used to be like that. What happened?

Somewhere in between Amanda and Karen left, ZY and Kezia (though we all know it's almost entirely ZY) squabbled over monopoly, and Stacey exclaimed "Serene come join us lah!"

I was more comfortable with Kevin actually. I think nobody understood that Kevin wasn't a bother to me. I really enjoyed that little bond we had by then.

But ah well, halfway through building my Star Wars spaceship Stacey wanted me to play Pictionary, so I told Kevin to leave me pieces alone for a bit, and I'd go back and finish it.

He really left it intact! He didn't touch it at all, and he told me so after I returned. I was so touched I tell you. I thought he might have wrecked it since Pictionary (it was quite fun I'd admit, especially with our WONDERFUL drawing skills, LOL!) took some time, but he didn't. I really wished I could stay to finish it, but I couldn't.

After saying bye-bye, Kevin said that I should come back again and he'd leave the half-built spaceship like that till I returned to finish it.

He is the cutest sweetheart I tell you. He really is.

He once again shows that you don't actually need a lot of energy to play with kids. You just need a good dose patience, and you need to learn not to take things too hard when they are a little rude or dismissive. Just being there is more important than doing anything.

Then we went down on our way back home. While waiting for the bus we watched Skippy fraternize with trees XDD. He's really like a child, the way he gets so excited going out.

It was only ZY and I on the way back. When he ain't a bitch he really is easy to talk to. :3

Later, Friday report. Old friends, new friends, big shots.


11:18 AM


i am


A Unique Creation

i love


Fetishes and More

you can



here ye





you are


Schoolio
Kyah Hwee
Janice
Melissa
Shermaine
Shi Yun
Stacey
Lester
Kezia
Haniff
Jia Min
Han Ning
Diana
Rekha
Esther
Pamela
Isabelle
Jeremiah
Mei Yin
Chok Wei
Luciana
Shu Hui

TACHIBANANAS!
OUR HIDEOUT!
Tsumi gdottie
KC mummy
Aya gdottie
Suppie purushie
Sisi gdottie
Anna gdottie
Julie imouto
Abby gdottie

Family
Liyi

Other Friends
Lora
Joy
Did I miss anyone out?

it was


Listen, then speak
Shining!
;_;
Intermission!
Benji!
My Kiryuu Touga
In my defense (regarding my online habits)
Masturbatory Blogging
Discovery!
Is not my life rather interesting?


it will always

January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

she is


layout by: Lyna/Lyna
image:a
brushes:b, c



View My Stats